The other night I was sitting around watching HGTV and this T-shirt idea popped into my head for no reason at all. I love how it turned out and best of all, it took just about 30 minutes to make.
a fat quarter of Bijoux Dream Catcher in Fuschia
a fat quarter of Applique Foundation
a glue stick
sewing machine with Free Motion quilting
1. Cut the motifs from your fat quarter.
2. Lay them out on your t-shirt, and glue in place with glue stick. Heat set with a hot iron.
3. Place applique foundation under the t-shirt on the inside for stability (you can pin it in place).
4. Being careful to keep your t-shirt flat and without stretching, free motion quilt the applique in place.
5. Pull the applique foundation from the inside of the shirt. You don't need to get in out from the stitching. This particular foundation is starch/paper based and it turns to a pulp when you get it wet. Eventually with washing it will be entirely gone. In the meantime, you won't even notice it's there.
6. Repeat for each applique.