Bari J. Pattern Updates and Corrections
Thank you for purchasing Bari J. patterns. Here are a few helpful updates to make your sewing easier.
Bailey Blooming Dress Pattern:
1. There is no pattern piece for a ruffle. The following is how the sizing chart to cut a ruffle:
6mo: Cut 1 piece 1 1/2" x 18"
12 mo: Cut 1 piece 1 1/2" x 23"
2 yr: Cut 2 piece 1 1/2" x 24"
3 yr: Cut 1 piece 1 1/2" x 26"
4 yr: Cut 1 piece 1 1/2" x 29"
5 yr: Cut 1 piece 1 1/2" x 34"
6 yr: Cut 1 piece 1 1/2" x 36"
2. The elastic for the sleeve goes on the wrong side of the fabric 1/2" from the raw edge of the sleeve end.
Zophia Playtime Dress:
There are a few corrections you'll need for the Zophia dress. Please download this file.
Palo Alto Gadget Bag:
- Pattern Sheet, Pattern pieces B and C: Cut 1 each fabric, lining, and woven cotton fusible interfacing.
2. Page one: Where the instructions read “For large version... For sides”... should read 4 interfacing, 2 fabric, 2 lining.
3. Page two, “Create Pocket” and “Create Pocket Flap”: We have found that some people are experiencing trouble with bulk. To avoid the issue, do not bring the piping all the way to the top of the pocket, but rather leave it 1/4" away from the top of the pocket and the pocket flap. This will keep it out of your seam allowance.
4. Page four: the orange keeping it real box says to pin your zipper. This does work. However, since these instructions were written, I have found that glue basting is even better. What you do is put a very thin line of regular Elmer’s craft glue along the seam allowance of the zipper. Then press it to the fabric (without steam) to set in place. This will not gum up your needle or harm your fabric. Just be sure not to iron the plastic teeth of the zipper. I absolutely love this method.
Holiday in London Duffle Bag:
The zipper placket was intentionally designed to be sewn larger than needed to account for varying zippers. Therefore, after it’s sewn, trim it equally on both sides so that it matches the width of the side panels.
Then sew the side panels to the zipper panel as instructed.